For Two and Three year Olds Program we introduce children to circle time activities including counting, story time, alphabets, rhymes and songs. The age appropriate activities in this group promote taking turns, cooperating, sharing, and expressing feelings in appropriate manner. They are able to recognize familiar objects, pictures, and their favorite books. They make choices and demand independence. They want to show you what they are able to do and they want your full attention. Children at age two are testing these boundaries on a continuous basis, and it is here that they begin to learn appropriate social behaviors and interactions with their peers and caregivers. We acknowledge their frustrations, get down on their level when we talk to them, and offer redirection when they are frustrated. We also work on potty training and basic self-help skills so that they begin to build a healthy independence from parents and caregivers.
What we will do:
- Play with your child and show affection.
- Talk to your child and teach them sharing concept.
- Provide safe places for your child to explore and play in indoors and outdoors.
- Turn everyday routines into playful and learning moments.
- Follow your child’s interests.
- Provide health, home cooked and USDA approved meals.
- Stay calm when your child is upset to make them feel safe and comfortable